Featured Post

Monday, September 9, 2013

Weekend Observations

Not a regular blog, but this was too long for Facebook.

What ever happened to pride in your product? Don't companies even try anymore?

We bought these peanut butter cups at BJ's. All festive and ready for the opening of football season, I rip one open, and what the...?

It doesn't even look like a football! They didn't even try. This is just an egg! The Hershey's people just said, "Take egg off the label, put on football. No one will know the difference."




Well, Mr. Hershey! I know the difference. And after I post this, so will the whole internet.

Check and mate!



When we stopped in Illinois this summer, my Aunt Kathy gave me an old Chicago Tribune section on the 1975 baseball season. The best part of magazines like this are, of course, the ads.

My friend Dan has claimed that kids sometimes are the way they are, probably because they spend most of their time at butt level with the adults of the world. So, naturally, that smell has to get to their brains.

I'll take that one step further. What did it do to the brains of my generation, to spend our time looking at pants like these? They should have come with a seizure warning, like that crazy ass Sonic the Hedgehog game that my kids play. Colors and chaos everywhere.



A wardrobe winner, indeed.







 

No comments:

Post a Comment